skirt: old| shoes: similar HERE| purse: ZARANonetheless, there were a few things that I did not anticipate... Yes, a few 'special' things began to occur with my body 😜
Photography by A. Robinson
Photography by A. Robinson
Now that I've officially entered the twilight years of my 30's, I thought it might be 'fun' to blog 10 things about life after 35 that no one told me 😉 As they say: Sharing is caring! In this way, when your time comes, you won't be blindsided like I was 😆 Don't get me wrong, my 30's have been the BEST decade of my life to date 🙌🏽 In fact, I anticipate every upcoming decade. I love making new discoveries about myself and this thing called LIFE, I want to do so well into my 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and so on!!! I've never worried about "getting old". From my perspective, it is an inevitable process. The longer that I'm alive, the higher my age number will be. That's logical right?!
Let's dive right on in:
1) The skin on my face changed drastically --> A C N E <--Prior to my mid-30's I had never experienced acne and or blemishes/pigmentation differences on my face. In a word, my skin appeared to be flawless. Right around age 35, I started to notice small bumps/pimples popping up here and there. When they finally cleared up, they left noticeable dark marks on my chin, jawline, and forehead. In fact, during the height of it, I could barely stand to look at my face in a mirror. It was like I didn't recognize my own reflection. Thankfully, I developed a skincare regime that works for me! Now my skin has stabilized, and my acne scars are fading. I'll talk about the fine line that magically appeared across my forehead at another time...
2) Next up? Stray hairs started to grow in mysterious places, like on my chin and neck... The first time I felt one I thought it was a scab! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! I'm not referring to fine hair, like what makes up my mustache, oh no, this is different. Each strand feels hard, wiry, almost like stubble.
3) I've never had a large reserve of patience. However, after I turned 35, the limited amount that I did have, well it basically disintegrated. Presently I have ZERO tolerance for 💩, and to be totally honest, I don't feel apologetic about it, at all 💃🏽
4) The color of your hair changes. As in turns gray or white... This isn't a bad thing, truth be told, I wouldn't mind going gray rapidly all at once. I would love to have pastel gray or white hair... And yet, just because I want all gray hair, well it's coming in painstakingly slow and inconsistently.
5) I almost forgot! I can't leave out random aches and pains. Nowadays, they happen for no reason at all. I am not talking about severe or chronic pain, I'm talking about feeling mild discomfort in places that I never did before.
6) A change in weight gain distribution. My entire life my stomach has been relatively flat. Now, the dynamics have changed. Instead of all miscellaneous weight gain appearing in my hips and rear, I now have a nice cushion across my belly...
7) Also notable: A decrease in the ability to shed weight with minimal effort. In years past, I'd go on a brief diet or juice cleanse, and drop 10-15 pounds with ease. Now, when I'm ready to shed a pound or two, doing what I used to do doesn't work -- AT ALL!
8) So you thought you were done with your wisdom teeth? Not so much! Apparently, your 30's is an ideal time for them to come in. I have a new one, it has shifted my once naturally straight teeth. I've never worn braces, but now I'm considering getting them 😳. A trip to the dentist is in order, but I'm putting it off for as long as possible...
9) The density of my hair is changing...I've had thick hair that could seemingly withstand any type of treatment for as long as I can remember... however now, I've noticed that the density & strength of my hair is different. I don't know how it's going to level out when it is all said and done, as my age increases, but I'm ever so happy that there are so many wig options on the market now.
10) Last but certainly not least, your sex drive increases in a major way... but then everybody already knows this one right?!
So did I miss anything Babes? What differences did you notice after 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, and perhaps even 75?!Until next time,