Friday, November 10, 2017

Cocktail Hour

Jacket: c/o HERE | Red & white bowtie: Borrowed from my Hubby| Sequin joggers: c/o HERE, similar HERE & HERE| Fishnets: OLD 
Patent leather stilettos: Similar HERE| Movie reel novelty bag: SOLD OUT

Another thing that I simply love about this time of year: The fabulous variety of special occasion wear available at practically every retailer, varying from low-end to high-end. Yes Babes, now is the time to shop special occasion wear! Retailers are stocked to the brim with fits and accessories for just about any occasion that you can think of. I always stock up on items that I may want to wear to venues throughout the following year (like weddings, outdoor parties, blogger events, etc), as stockpiles have a tendency to dwindle down to non existent after January. 
Today's look is a perfect alternative for a cocktail themed event. Perhaps you're like me and want to switch it up a bit-  out of the typical LBD, sequin dress, or formal suit routine. This jacket gives me a total tuxedo vibe, with a feminine twist by way of a tie at the waist. The sequin joggers are casual yet playful. Absolutely ❤ them! I added in a bow tie, fishnet stockings, and a novelty bag to seal the deal. 
Note: Although I love the fit and look of these sequin jogging pants, they may not be practical for frequent wear. I noticed that persistent friction causes sequins to get loose and fall off. This was not a total deal breaker for me- yet an important factor to point out 😉
Until next time,
Xx

18 comments:

  1. Yes. . to all of it and I love how you styled them. Enjoy!

    http://www.madamtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun holiday look! I love that purse!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jessica! I thought the purse was funners too :)

      Delete
  3. Joi you look stunning! I love it from hat to toe.
    XO Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the entire look and that handbag is so cute and fun. Thanks for sharing on the link up over at A Pocketful of Polka Dots' Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this ladylike version of a tuxedo. Looks amazing from head to toe

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those sequin pants, I feel like I would grab them for an event instead of a dress. I love being comfortable and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort and stylish is a winning combination IMO ;) Thank you Laura!!

      Delete
  7. Very inventive Joi1 Love the pants, your adorable bag and the whole look is fab!
    Thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up your awesome outfit post at the Top of the World Style linkup party. these sequin joggers are stunning. Love your styling.
    Nicole of High Latitude Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sequin pants are amazing! I love the bowtie and movie reel bag! Fabulous outfit Joi, thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Emma!! I love a tie- they are the perfect stand-in for a statement necklace :)

      Delete