Velvet turban: Vintage, thrifted| Robe coat: c/o HERE| Dress: c/o HERE (Don't forget to sign-up for your freebie)
Have you ever ordered an item simply because you liked it, without even knowing what it was called? This is the story of my life! I've shared with you before about my lack of expertise when it comes to fashion related terminology...I generally don't care what it is called as long as I can wear it 😁 However, it is helpful to know specific terms when searching for something specific... The coat that I'm wearing in today's post is a prime example of the aforementioned- when I saw it online I simply thought 'I like it - I want it'. It wasn't until a few months later that I came across similarly styled coats (it comes with a belt that i am not wearing here), they were called "Robe Coats" 😌 Okay! So it's a robe coat...now what? Have you heard of robe coats?
Well this triggered my curiosity, so I did a bit of research. Here are a few things that I came away with:
- "This winter, the cuddly transitional piece to have is the robe coat, essentially a duster with no buttons, hooks or closures. It’s made in a range of materials (from heavier wool to lightweight linen), meaning you can pop it on over your everyday outfits instead of a blazer or hoodie and you’ll trade uptight and overheated for relaxed and cozy."
- "The easy add-on will instantly elevate your outfit and can even double as a dress!"
- "Whatever you go for, don’t forget to be slightly dramatic when cinching them closed -- there’s something pleasingly definitive to the action that says, 'We’re done here.'"
- Mossimo Women's Robe Coat with Front Flap Pockets (Love this color + the price is great!)
- Ro & De Belted Robe Coat
- boohoo Phoebe Wrap Maxi Robe Coat (This one is classic & timeless)
- River Island Womens Grey belted robe coat (Grey is the new black)
- River Island Womens Plus black check belted robe coat
Until next time,