Friday, August 19, 2016

Read Between the Lines


Sunnies: Jessica Simpson| Stud earrings: Fossil| Dress: Yours Clothing via Gwynnie Bee-Sign up for one month free TODAY
Sandals: Steve Madden| Bracelet: J. Crew


If I had to pick just one piece that has been my steady this summer, it would have to be this striped number that I scored from Gwynnie Bee! As you may have read/heard previously, Gwynnie Bee is a unique retail clothing subscription service for sizes 10-32.

This Summer I’ve been working with them to spread the word far and wide on how awesome this option is for the busy fashionable dame. For a limited time, you can sample all the benefits of GB via a free 30 day trial! Along with each membership also comes the option to buy any pieces that you fall in love with. This dress was one such piece for me <3 When I initially selected it for my virtual closet (learn more about that here), I didn’t have high expectations. Don’t get me wrong, I knew it was cute: Black & white, stripes, plus the cold shoulder feature I’ve been struck with this summer...but  I didn’t really give it a 2nd thought. I underestimated it! 

From the moment that it arrived and I tried it on- I was/have been entirely smitten with it. Yes, it is an easy wear, yet it is so comfortable and effortlessly stylish- I was quite overtaken! Within 3 days I knew that I wanted this maxi for my forever wardrobe, and I purchased it from the Gwynnie Bee shop for under $25! Who doesn’t LOVE an effortlessly fab dress at a bargain price?! I know I do! A few of the reviews  (another great feature GB offers- you can read a number of reviews for over 2000 items) noted that the dress had gold threading in-between the stripes  which concerned me initially- but honestly up against my skin tone it is hardly noticeable.

I have worn this dress at least 10 times/ways for different events/purposes. This time around I paired it with a statement bracelet that I snagged on sale a few weeks ago, coordinating stud earrings, and sunnies. It was perfect for spending a hot summer’s day in a beach city.

With the end of summer fast approaching, if you had to pick just one wardrobe steady, what would it be?
Until next time, 
XO

8 comments:

  1. I love the cold shoulder dress and the fact that it's a maxi too!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were selling factors for me too! :)

      Delete
  2. Love dresses like this that can work for so many different styles and occasions. Cold shoulders are quickly becoming one of my favorite types of clothing- they're just so flattering!
    Emily
    http://darlingdearestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is perfect on you and for the heat wave we are having. The cold shoulder is just the cherry on top. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Love!!! Fall fashion is just around the corner ;)

      Delete